Welcome to Leighton Community Primary School
Many Hearts Make a School
We are a relatively small, rural school, yet within easy reach of Welshpool.
Our school is very friendly, happy and caring; our numbers allow us to know and value each and every child really well.
We are committed to helping all of our children reach their potential – personally, socially and academically. We value hard work, independence, creative thinking, good behaviour and happiness.
We put our pupils first, working closely with our parents; we believe that working together, we are certainly stronger.
Croeso i Ysgol Gynradd Tre’r Llai
Please feel free to make an appointment to visit our school, meet our team and children, so that you are able to make an informed decision as to where to best educate your child, both academically and socially.
- Aims of Leighton CP School
- To create a happy friendly school atmosphere in caring, but disciplined, surroundings where children feel respected and develop conﬁdence and enthusiasm for learning.
- To help children to learn that good manners, respect and consideration for others and their possessions are very important qualities.
- To ensure a basic command of language and be able to speak correctly with other people.
- To encourage children to work independently developing high standards of work, handwriting and presentation.
- To encourage children to enjoy reading.
- To help children to understand and develop a sound basis in Mathematics, Science, Technology and ICT.
- To encourage children to be aware of their Welsh culture, community and environment (local and global).
- To help children to realise that they live in a society full of wonderful history and to understand as much as possible about others through History, Geography and Religious tolerance.
- To develop skills in Art, Craft, Physical Education, Music and Personal, Social & Health Education.
- To develop academic and creative potential.
- To provide the children with opportunities to work successfully in groups, enjoy and participate in team games and drama.
- To provide the children with opportunities to widen their cultural interests through the curriculum and extra-curricular activities.