Welcome to Leighton Community Primary School
Many Hearts Make a School
We are a relatively small, rural school, yet within easy reach of Welshpool.
Our school is very friendly, happy and caring; our numbers allow us to know and value each and every child really well.
We are committed to helping all of our children reach their potential – personally, socially and academically. We value hard work, independence, creative thinking, good behaviour and happiness.
We put our pupils first, working closely with our parents; we believe that working together, we are certainly stronger.
Croeso i Ysgol Gynradd Tre’r Llai
- Aims of Leighton CP School
- To create a happy friendly school atmosphere in caring, but disciplined, surroundings where children feel respected and develop conﬁdence and enthusiasm for learning.
- To help children to learn that good manners, respect and consideration for others and their possessions are very important qualities.
- To ensure a basic command of language and be able to speak correctly with other people.
- To encourage children to work independently developing high standards of work, handwriting and presentation.
- To encourage children to enjoy reading.
- To help children to understand and develop a sound basis in Mathematics, Science, Technology and ICT.
- To encourage children to be aware of their Welsh culture, community and environment (local and global).
- To help children to realise that they live in a society full of wonderful history and to understand as much as possible about others through History, Geography and Religious tolerance.
- To develop skills in Art, Craft, Physical Education, Music and Personal, Social & Health Education.
- To develop academic and creative potential.
- To provide the children with opportunities to work successfully in groups, enjoy and participate in team games and drama.
- To provide the children with opportunities to widen their cultural interests through the curriculum and extra-curricular activities.