Well done Eco Team for leading our school to the Bronze Eco Schools Award!
A brief summary of our plan for the start of the new school year:
Thursday/Friday 3rd/4th September – school will be open for new Reception, and new Year 3, 5 & 6 children. Packed lunches will be required for these two days, with no Breakfast Club of After School Clubs available.
Monday 7th September – school will be open for all children. Breakfast Club will be open, with fees payable via ParentPay. After School Clubs will not be operating to begin with, but may start up as guidance changes.
We will run school in line with Welsh Assembly Covid guidelines as best we can, with Foundation Phase and KS2 ‘bubbles’ in operation, backed up by social distancing and regular hygiene reminders.
If you do have any questions at all, please get in touch; we have purposefully kept this brief so as not to bombard with too much information; we will try to keep our school as normal as is possible, just with some extra safety measures.
Wishing everyone a lovely Summer – and we look forward to seeing everyone back in September.
Please be aware that an additional non pupil day has been added to the calendar – Friday 26th June 2020.
Meetings & things we’ve done:
September 19th & 26th
- We choose the premier league award winners every week for assembly
- We added a school PE hoody to the uniform list – it’s eco-friendly too
- We collected Aldi Stickers for PE kit
- We helped to choose new classroom furniture
October 10th & 24th
- We promoted the new school rules – Ready, Respect, Safe
- We rewrote the school aims
- Raised money from Jean for Genes Day
- We coordinated the Harvest Food Bank donations
November 7th & 21st
- We sold poppies for remembrance time
- We coordinated the Bags 2 School collection
- We organised some new trophies for school events – attendance, house points and sports day
- We changed the school slogan to……
- We are leading antibullying work via the KiVA team
Things we want to do:
- Mirrors in the bathrooms
- A KiVA assembly
- Look at the new curriculum – what can we do to shape it
- £70 to spend from the Xmas Fayre…….
- A UN Rights of the Child Assembly