Please be aware that an additional non pupil day has been added to the calendar – Friday 26th June 2020.
Meetings & things we’ve done:
September 19th & 26th
- We choose the premier league award winners every week for assembly
- We added a school PE hoody to the uniform list – it’s eco-friendly too
- We collected Aldi Stickers for PE kit
- We helped to choose new classroom furniture
October 10th & 24th
- We promoted the new school rules – Ready, Respect, Safe
- We rewrote the school aims
- Raised money from Jean for Genes Day
- We coordinated the Harvest Food Bank donations
November 7th & 21st
- We sold poppies for remembrance time
- We coordinated the Bags 2 School collection
- We organised some new trophies for school events – attendance, house points and sports day
- We changed the school slogan to……
- We are leading antibullying work via the KiVA team
Things we want to do:
- Mirrors in the bathrooms
- A KiVA assembly
- Look at the new curriculum – what can we do to shape it
- £70 to spend from the Xmas Fayre…….
- A UN Rights of the Child Assembly
Wishing Mr Wain all the best for his future plans, which may well involve some working abroad in far flung places.
It’s been great having Mr Wain working at Leighton, and I’m sure he’ll keep us up to date as to where his plans take him.
Miss Jones will join us from January; she has already met our children and some parents; we look forward to her starting 🙂